The School of Biotechnology is located in the Parc d’Innovation in Illkirch, in the heart of a concentration of exceptional research centres. Three major institutes (IREBS, Faculty of Pharmacy and IGBMC) contain dozens of research teams in the field of Life Sciences.
Strasbourg Faculty of Pharmacy Research Centre
Situated close to ESBS, the Strasbourg Faculty of Pharmacy Research Centre addresses the following themes:
- Bioorganic Chemistry
- Pharmacochemistry of Cellular Communication
- Pharmacology and Physical Chemistry of Cellular and Molecular Interactions
- Pharmaceutical Law and Economics
- Parasitology, Analytical Chemistry and Food Sciences
- Microbial Physiopathology and Antibiotics
- Inflammation and Environment in Asthma
- Galenic Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Environmental Toxicology
Institut de Génétique et de Biologie Moléculaire et Cellulaire (IGBMC) (Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology)
The IGBMC is located across the road. Forty or so research teams are grouped into four departments:
- Developmental Biology and Stem Cells
- Functional Genomics and Cancer
- Translational Medicine and Neurogenetics
- Integrative Structural Biology
Two teams are located within the ESBS:
- Molecular Modelling (team led by Prof. Annick Dejaegere)
- Structure and Dynamics of Biological Polymers by NMR (team led by Prof. Bruno Kieffer)
The Parc d’Innovation contains more than 80 private companies and institutions, many of which are active in the fields of biotechnology and medicinal products: BioBlock Scientific, Menicon Pharma, NMRTec, Novalix, Pharma Pass, PolyPlus Transfection, Transgène, etc.
This environment provides students with exceptional opportunities for intellectual enrichment.